Africa Update July 2022

 Greetings from Uganda,  


I hope and Pray that all is well with all of you.  As I watch the news it seems like things couldn't get worse.  The Church of America is under attack like never before and our prayers are with you.  It hasn't hit here yet but who knows after the next election. I still haven't gotten my work visa due to hassels with the NGO board.  I want to get it soon so there is no change in my status.  There have been rumors about cracking down on missionaries here and what they can do.  Pray for me as I pray for you.

It has been a crazy year with a lot of challenges and changes.

If you have been following me on Facebook you know I have had my challenges with my health.  It started with a mind case of malaria and just as I am getting over that I was hit with a massive sinus infection that lasted over 2 weeks, and in the midst of that I severely sprained my ankle.  Things were starting to get back to normal and I was hit with malaria again.  This was a severe case and I had to be on IVs for 2 days and then medication for another 3 days.  I am finally felling okay. but I am still weak and have to get used to walking up the hill to the school again.

We are almost finished with the second term at the school.  We had a drop in attendance due to some issues but hopefully we have overcome that.  We are looking for 200 student for the final term.  We will have 2 new teacher join us and they seem like they will fit in with the team well.

I am still doing Monday morning prayer and Bible Study with the teachers and then morning devotions with the children and Thursday chapel sevice.  I love working with the children and although the language is a barrier they are getting used to my accent and the parent appreciate me because they want their children to learn English.  This is a priority in the Ugandan schools.

The new building has been going slower than I want, due to increase in the price of supplies and some other major expenses that have come up on the car and the house. God is in control.  We are ready to put the roof on but the cost of iron sheets and timbers gone up at least a third.  The iron sheets will now cost $6000 instead of the budgeted $4000. Cement and binding wires have gone up about the same.  Join us in prayer about this.  Once we get the roof on we can use it and then wait for the term break to put in pernament doors and windows.  Then the plastering will be done little by little. Prayerfully we will have the nursery building done to start the New Year term.  

Our Annual Conference and Meeting will be the middle of August.  The Theme is:  The Healthy Church, Growing in Biblical Leadership.  I will post the schedule of topics on the Church blog if anyone is interested.

Tomorrow we will be heading for Masindi.  We will be holding classes for the church leadership.  I will be speaking on 1) Biblical Church Discipline, 2) A Womans Role in the Church, and 3) Theology and Doctrine, Why are They SO Important?

Other things that are coming up include Pastor Tiondi's Introduction and Wedding, Butaleja Crusade, Muanza Tanzania project with Connexion Worldwide (there is still room if any of you want to do an evangelism minstry for 10 days, I can get you the contacts) and other various door to door local projects.

PRAISES
1.    The car is fixed (for the moment)
2.    I am feeling better.
3.    We have all the NGO paperwork turned in and they haven't asked for anything more, although we are still waiting for our certificate.
4.    We have hired A new Head Teacher and an English teacher.  Much needed additions to our staff.
5.    We are now able to move and share the Gospel again.

PRAYER REQUESTS
1.    NGO certificate 
2.    My visa renewal
3.    The children do well on their exams.
4.    200+ student for next term
5.    Car is no longer a problem
6.    Health of everyone here
7.    Finances for the school building, extra supplies needed for the extra children, crusades and conferences
8.    Sharing the gospel at conferences, crusades, and door to door
9.    Pastor Tiondi and Barbra's  Wedding (October 1st, 2022)
10.   New blended family (she is a widow with 3 children)
11.   Organization of the ministry
12.   Dealing with false teachers, prophets and apostles

Our prayers are with you as you go through the confusing times of calling evil good and good evil.  May the Church stand firm in the Lord and never compromise.

Take care and God bless. Thank you for all your prayers, love and support.

Tammie Walker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School building from beginning until now

May 4, 2020