Ugandan Update and Introduction Photos

 Good morning from Uganda,

The introduction is over and the wedding of Pastor Tiondi is next week, Saturday October 1st.  Enter his bride and exit the missionary, but not because of the bride.

We have been working with the NGO  Bureau for over a year and a half.  It has been back and forth.  They tell us they have everything and the certificate will be printed only to go to pick it up and have them tell us we need more certifications.  Because we have not gotten the NGO renewed I can't get my letter of recommendation.  I was given until Oct 24th to satisfy and there is no time to finish the work, so without a working VISA I need to go home or face charges and fines.

I bought  a one way ticket and I will be home Oct 14th.  I hope to be able to return but that is in God's hands.  The rest and refreshment will be good and it  allow me to spend time with my mom and take care of some paperwork here that is easier done in person. 

There are a lot of changes in the ministry this year and I need time to step back and look things over and pray about where God wants me to go from here. I am comfortable here but I feel God is moving me in a new direction and I am waiting for Him to show me what I am to do,  I have been here 6 years and I am comfortable but maybe it is time to move out of my comfort zone one more time.

Join me in prayer about the ministry here, my trip home, taking care of things at home, and where God wants me to minister in the future.  

I have enclosed some pictures of the Introduction, a very traditional meeting of the families and a paying of the Bride Price.  Notice I am being introduced too.  As the only muzungu there everyone had to know who I was and why I was there. I am obviously not family. I also had to wear the traditional Gomes dress. All the packages are the gifts to the family as the Bride price including a cow and 2 goats.

I hope to see you all soon.  Praise God for all he has done here and we will see how and where I go from here.  Thank you for all your love and support.

Tammie

The gifts before transport.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School building from beginning until now

May 29, 2020